Calchews Mounts Campaign On Calcium Awareness Via Fun-Filled Zumba Concert
In today’s fast-paced and demanding world, one needs to be in the pink of health in order to accomplish goals and do more in life. Women, in particular, are more prone to degenerative ailments as they age due primarily to their genetic make up.
Studies reveal that at age 40, women’s bones start to get more porous, thus opening the doors for more serious health conditions. The good news is, this can be avoided early on through the foolproof combination of proper diet, physical activity, and regular intake of health supplements. Among these three key factors, getting into a regular physical routine can be quite elusive. There are exercises that target only specific body parts while some are too tedious or boring for some people.
Weight bearing activities are said to be the best way to strengthen the bones, and one such activity that is becoming more popular by the minute is Zumba. Check out the video here. The younger set are getting into the Zumba craze with its upbeat music and energetic movements inspired by various Latin American dances and even hip-hop.
Dancing Your Way to Improved Skeletal Health
Capitalizing on Zumba’s incredible popularity, CalChews, the first and only soft chew calcium supplement in the Philippines, recently supported the invigorating Z Stars Philippines Dance Concert at Market! Market! in Taguig.
Noted TV personality and certified Zumba instructor Regine Tolentino led the pack of Zumba enthusiasts in a dynamic display of fitness that did not only fostered camaraderie, but also raised consciousness on the importance strengthening the bones. “Zumba is a very engaging activity that practically everyone can get into. It goes hand in hand with the brand’s thrust to get everyone, especially women, to get involved in a physical routine to strengthen the bones together with regular intake of calcium supplement.”
Calcium You Can Chew
In addition to weight bearing exercises, a daily dose of calcium supplement is also necessary to strengthen the bones and prevent or delay the onset of skeletal diseases such as osteoporosis, the “silent disease” that has claimed thousands of lives across the world.
Pascual Laboratories’ CalChews is packed with the recommended calcium level to supplement daily calcium needs. It is fortified with Vitamins D3 and K1, which play a critical role for calcium to be effectively processed in the body. Vitamin D3 is essential for promoting calcium absorption while Vitamin K1 keeps calcium in the bone where it belongs, and helps prevent heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, and Alzheimer’s disease among others.
Unlike other calcium supplements that require a lot of effort to be taken, CalChews also sits right at the forefront of ease and convenience, being the only calcium supplement that one can chew like a soft candy. There is no need to prepare complicated mixtures or deal with large capsules that are difficult to swallow.
CalChews comes is two delicious variants that calcium takers will surely love – the classic taste of Rich Chocolate, and the sweet goodness of Creamy Caramel.
Straighten Up and Stand Strong
Having strong and healthy bones is one of the many ways to boost a woman’s confidence and self-esteem, which, ultimately allows here to achieve more and be able to do the things she wants. Regular intake of calcium coupled with regular exercise and proper diet are essential to help women prevent or delay the onset of bone disease. Calcium is important for the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth, and also helps the heart, nerves, muscles, and other body systems work properly.
CalChews has found a way to let women get their daily serving of calcium in an easy and tasty way. It is also packed with several other nutrients that make calcium function correctly. With strong bones, women will be able to make the most out of their active life.
Fast facts on Calcium and CalChews Calcium Supplement for Strong and Healthy Bones
- Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body that is essential for the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth.
- Calcium, together with other nutrients including magnesium, phosphorous, and Vitamins A, C, D, and K also helps the heart, nerves, muscles, and other body systems work properly.
- Bone loss in women starts slowly at age 40. Rapid bone loss begins at age 50.
1000mg of calcium is the recommended daily intake. Calcium-rich foods include green and leafy vegetable, beans, fish, and dairy products.
- According to the Department of Science and Technology, calcium is the least-consumed nutrient in the Filipino diet. Fish was shown to be the primary source of calcium in the Filipino diet, followed by rice and cereals, vegetable and milk, and dairy products.
- CalChews is the first and only soft-chew calcium supplement that strengthens the bones while protecting the heart.
- CalChews is fortified with Vitamin D for proper calcium absorption, and the only calcium supplement with Vitamin K that prevents heart disease and more.
- CalChews comes in Rich Chocolate and Creamy Caramel flavors.
- CalChews contains 2gms of sugar and is safe for people with diabetes (but it is still best to seek professional advice). It is also not fattening in itself.
- Children 7 years old and above can take one piece of CalChews per day.
- One to two pieces of CalChews per day is the recommended intake. Taking more than two chews can lead to constipation or upset stomach.
- Men can also take CalChews. Pregnant women may also do so, as long as it’s allowed by an OB Gyne.
- Elderly people can also take CalChews. However, those who are taking Aspirin or blood thinning products should consult their doctor first, as the Vitamin K content of CalChews might have a contraindication.