Getting swept up photographing food and scenes from travels (without mentioning things that are pretty personal about myself) is easy. It has been a very long time since I used to share about what I’ve been up to at work or even dreams in this blog. About a month ago, I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Mindy.
What is Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other and also get other bloggers link to their site. This award creates the opportunity for bloggers to share about themselves given the following rules:
1. Post a picture of the Sunshine Award
2. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself
4. Answer questions posted by the blogger who nominated you
5. Nominate 11 bloggers (no tag backs) and let them know about your post
6. Write 11 questions for your nominated bloggers
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I am always frugal but not a downright cheapskate. I live a slightly less lascivious ultra-consumer lifestyle and spend money only when most necessary. For me, frugality is a noble and virtuous attribute and I wear it with a badge of honor.
2. I don’t want to be fat because I’ve been there and I hate being bullied (mostly by relatives and family acquaintances in get-together parties) because of that. After high school, I lost 20 pounds through college and reduced five inches off my waist line. After two more years, I gave excess body fats another send-off by converting them to muscles around my arms and legs. As a result, I was able to take another two inches off my waist and just maintain my body weight.
3. On rest days (no work, no events to attend to), I like spending an entire day going into every interesting stall in a mall, but often I end up with nothing. I like to think that I lost calories walking for hours, so that sounds good news!
4. Even if I have now gotten rid of my Singlish English accent, I still think in Singlish accent (with the language mix of English and Chinese), especially when I’m pissed.
5. I’m still using my 7-year-old laptop powered by Windows XP OS. It’s a Toshiba Satellite U205-S5034 my parents bought for me intended for school work. I don’t plan of switching or upgrading anytime soon since this laptop is workable for surfing the net, creating documents and spreadsheets and viewing photos—things I do when I face the computer at home. And also, refer to # 1.
6. I’ve been an iPhone user for five years now. As an avid fan of smartphone technologies, I read reviews on other handsets regularly and find so many advancements equipped with smartphones. Despite that, I don’t want any other phone than the iPhone. I guess this is what people call “blind loyalty.” And also, refer to # 1.
7. I feel uncomfortable hearing my long name. Just call me Roch for short, please. 🙂
8. I am undecided about whether or not to have children. Refer to #2. But maybe time will come when I become more matured into thinking that children are lovable.
9. I rarely laugh. Probable reasons? I lack sense of humor. I’m a serious analytical person. I don’t encounter funny things every day. But don’t get me wrong; I smile a lot and I am happy.
10. I started wearing clear retainers last month. I wear it all the time except when eating or conducting long presentations/meetings, as advised by my dentist.
11. My favorite swimming stroke is the dolphin kick. (I dislike doing other swimming strokes.)
Answers to Questions from Mindy
1. What do you prefer to do on Christmas, open gifts or give gifts? – Both
2. Party invitation, do you prefer to wear a dress or pants? – Depends on the occasion, theme, venue and my role in the party
3. What designer would you like to model for? – I am not familiar with designers’ designs.
4. A model you wish you were? – I don’t know any model I want to become. I just like to be myself. 😛
5. When you go on a date do you prefer Movies or Bowling? – Movies
6. Which will you have to like, a mountain or the beach? – Neither
7. Favorite Lip Balm? – The Body Shop
8. Restaurant or home made food? – Both
9. Eggnog or Champagne? – Both
10. From all of the blogger followers, who would you want to meet? – Yamito Calamba, for being enthusiastic as always
11 Bloggers I Nominate and Tag for the Sunshine Blogger Award
1. Mary Jane Tauyan Fitzsimmons (tauyanm.com)
2. Teresa Martinez (teresay.com)
3. Franc Ramon (francramon.com)
4. Janine Daquio (ladylagalag.com)
5. Yamito Calamba (themanilaurbanite.com)
6. Pehpot Pineda (pehpot.com)
7. Stacy Liong (tsinoyfoodies.com)
8. Hana Abello (dollhana.com)
9. Justin Buenagua (twatome.com)
10. Aldous Calubad (aldousatetheworld.blogspot.com)
11. Helen Blas (luckycitrine.blogspot.com)
11 Questions for My Nominated Bloggers
1. Where do you want to travel next?
2. What are your top three most favorite restaurants?
3. Are you afraid of ghosts?
4. If you have a billion dollars, what would you do with it?
5. What are you most grateful for?
6. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
7. What are some of your hobbies?
8. What is one habit you want to break?
9. Would you rather yourself be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent?
10. What is the best gift you’ve ever given?
11. What’s your favorite household chore?