Today is my sister’s 25th birthday. It’s a big milestone as it marks the first quarter of her life. Leigh (or Nicole, as we call her in our family) has been my best friend for the last 25 years (officially now) and I don’t think my life would be the same without her. In this post, I’m listing the top 50 reasons why I love her. 🙂
Top 50 Reasons Why I Love My Sister
1. I love you because I know I can count on you through thick and thin.
2. I love you because I never have to explain memories from our childhood since it’s your childhood, too. When I reach into the deepest corners of my brain and find these memories or funny stories, I know I’d have someone to share them with. It’s like half of the recollections from my youth are stored in my mind and half in yours.
3. I love you because we get to share friends; my friends are yours and your friends are mine.
4. I love you because we’re so different but so much alike.
5. I love you because you always attempt to make me laugh more than almost anyone I know.
6. I love you because you always do funny things and tell jokes.
7. I love you because you ALWAYS have my back.
8. I love you because you are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside.
9. I love you because you are brave, braver than you think.
10. I love you because you are caring.
11. I love you because you are smart, smarter than you think.
12. I love you because you can make me smile with one look.
13. I love you because you can spend hours watching Korean series and laugh like no one is watching.
14. I love you because you comply with our travel itineraries.
15. I love you because you help me find gift ideas—and never run out of quirky ones.
16. I love you because you help me find shoes and choose clothes of my style and preference.
17. I love you because you helped a lot in organizing my bridal shower—and I didn’t expect that at all.
18. I love you because you know how to carve out your own space even when surrounded by chaos.
19. I love you because you look comfortable and classy in anything, from a slinky formal dress to a matching baggy t-shirt and pajamas.
20. I love you because you promote my blog to your friends—and you’re almost always the first one to like my posts.
21. I love you because you remember all the things I like, so I don’t have to.
22. I love you because you test me and help me review for our News Digest exams.
23. I love you because you trust me and seek my advice especially ones related to career.
24. I love you because you will always be truthful as far as you are concerned. You’re genuine.
25. I love you because you’re a calming influence.
26. I love you because you’re a foodie and you share the love of food.
27. I love you because you’re a wardrobe sharer and generous with your stuff.
28. I love you because you’re adventurous.
29. I love you because you’re a sweetheart and a nice daughter who makes our parents proud.
30. I love you because you’re always game to pose candid and funny shots.
31. I love you because you’re always there to lend me a hand, especially when I need it the most.
32. I love you because you’re constantly pushing the envelope, learning new things, striving for improvement.
33. I love you because you’re Daddy’s nurse/assistant/helper/care taker. You’re a hero.
34. I love you because you’re not afraid of challenges. In fact, you go out and look for them.
35. I love you because you’re one of my biggest support network.
36. I love you because you’re one of the most positive people I know. You find silver linings where most people would just gripe.
37. I love you because you’re patient enough to wait until I get all my food shots done for us to start our meal.
38. I love you because you go along with my crazy ideas.
39. I love you because you’re good with arts. You’re awesome about thinking of creative and different things and making something amazing.
40. I love you because you’re playful.
41. I love you because you’re still truly a kid at heart.
42. I love you because you’re telepathic. We can communicate without words. It baffles the hell out of everyone around us, and we love it!
43. I love you because you’re way fun to hang out with. We can talk for hours and never run out of things to say.
44. I love you because you’re willing to be my “model” when shooting products I have to blog about.
45. I love you because you’re willing to be my “model” when testing makeup products in stores.
46. I love you because you’re willing to drive for me in times when I feel really tired and sleepy.
47. I love you because you’re willing to subject yourself to my cooking experiments.
48. I love you because you’re willing to take my photos, even at unlimited number of times just to get the right one.
49. I love you because you’re my “partner in crime” and know me better than almost anyone.
50. I love you because you give meaning to my life. You’re one of my greatest inspirations.
Happy birthday, Achi Yellow, from all the cuties of Apple Street who miss playing with you.
Happy birthday, Nicole, from your dear sister who loves you the most! ♥
Awww thank you so much to all the cuties and the cutest Achi Bert! Because you love Achi Yellow so much, you shall be blessed more, says Banthala. Hahaha 😍❤❤❤
What a sweet post! I don’t know if I could come up with 50 things I loved about my own sibling. I DO love her, but hell I don’t think I could come up with 50 things I love about myself. This post will earn you some major brownie points with your sister.
Aww this is so sweet. I wish I feel the same way with my sister – but we don’t get on. It so nice you guys do regular activities together. xx
What a wonderful tribute to your sister. My sister lives about 1200 miles away and I miss her and my nieces and nephew a lot. Sisters definitely have a special bond. HAHA and we’re still partners in crime, too!
Oh, Achi bert its a very touching expressions on how you LOVE your sister I’m proud of you
Love you too achi bert
It’s so nice that you have such a great relationship with your sister. There are so many things you have in common and enjoy together. Thanks for inviting us in your world.
Your relationship with your sister reminds me of how I feel about my own. Having a sister as a best friend is a blessing! Happy Birthday to your sister.
This is so sweet. I do not have a sister but I do love and appreciate my brother. It is so refreshing to see that siblings can love each other and that you respect so much your sister. She must be really proud of you.
Ahhh, you guys are so cute. You should tell her 50 reasons you love her every day. A great sister is so important. My brother is helping me with Photoshop right now and I don’t think we would be where we are with our website without his help. Family is so important.
What a treasured gift you have with your relationship that you and your sister share. I am thinking of doing a list like this for my BFF! I love her like a sister and this has inspired me!
Thank you for sharing. I was brainstorming sentiments for my sister on her 50th birthday, and found your post. My name is Leigh Nicole, so I love your list even more! 🙂
This is the cutest blog, brought me to tears. I have only one sibling, my sister. It was like you were looking inside my heart. It is the most beautiful feeling to have someone in the world you love so much. I wish your sister a very happy birthday!!!!🎈
[…] Whenever I get in trouble, my sister always tries to defend me, even though she knows she’s on the losing side sometimes. She sticks up for me and she even takes the blame sometimes or shares it. […]