If you want to be at home all day but also think it might be healthy to have a change of scenery, check out The Brewology Cafe. It’s a small cafe in Scout Lazcano Street serving equally-excellent specialty coffee and baked goods. I predict you’ll stick around long enough to have time for both. Especially if you have a sweet tooth, this place is for you. ♥
We tried all their best offerings recently. If we’re talking about the most number of amazing desserts I had in one seating, this must have set a record here! 🙂
Review of The Brewology Cafe (Mother Ignacia Avenue, Quezon City)
The Brewology Cafe features a minimalist interior with light wood fixtures and cozy spots to curl up with your coffee or chat with a friend. It showcases a beautiful interplay between pure form and function, keeping the place feeling natural yet modern. It’s unassuming, comfortable in its own skin and all the more chic for it. This cafe has enough space for groups of people to hang out, and the setting can work for a low-key date, too.
The aroma of coffee plus the relaxed atmosphere makes it feel like being at home. Window blinds work well to take the flare out, control the amount of sunshine, and encourage privacy inside. Overall, there’s nothing particularly striking or compelling with the design. The food and drinks here have more stories to tell.
The menu looks overwhelming with all things nice and sweet. We settled for the following: Heaven on Earth (H.O.E.) (PhP 165), Cheesecake Brownie (PhP 75), Cappuccino Cheesecake (PhP 145), S’mores Brownie (PhP 70), Red Velvet Brookie (PhP 65), Slutty Brownie (PhP 80), Chocolate Cake (PhP 90), Waffogato (PhP 160), S’mores Waffle (PhP 190), Manual Brew (PhP 160), Latte (PhP 155), Babysitter Coffee (PhP 160), and Scramble Milkshake (PhP 120).
There wasn’t anything there that didn’t taste like heaven. The baked goods were soft, moist, and truly delectable. Everything you order will be good no matter what, so share with a friend. Or don’t. 😛
My five favorites:
1. Red Velvet Brookie – This brownie-cookie hybrid will leave you punch-drunk in brookie love! Its texture, taste, and the layer of golden, buttery, chocolatey top were divine.
2. S’mores Waffle – It’s not diabetes-inducing sweet and I enjoyed the marshmallows. My heart was content.
3. Slutty Brownie – Covered in a layer of fudgy gooey brownie, this is the ultimate marriage of chocolate chip cookie and Oreo fudge bar.
4. Babysitter – It’s strong mocha coffee with pillowy soft and rich-flavored marshmallows melt on top. Yuuum!
5. Heaven on Earth – It’s literally what the name implies. It’s a step-up version of the regular affogato, with coffee jelly, mocha cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a cold brew instead of espresso.
Price for Value:
The Brewology Cafe is your new reason for getting out of bed in the morning. Prices are fair and decent given the value. If you want to get refreshing drinks and eat clouds of sweetness, visit this place at least once, and you’ll be hooked in no time. A huge plus is that you can order food from this cafe when you’re dining in any restaurant within the same food hub. They offer “menu sharing.”
Ask one of the staff for the menu and request to have desserts or drinks served at your location (Kusina Juan, Bento & Co, Urbanidad Cafe, Little Winehaus, Open Table, Adelaida’s Delicacies, or 5YNCO Bar) at no additional service fee.