Our baby Lance turned eight months yesterday and I had a moment to look back into my previous post update about his development milestones four months back. The saying “time flies fast” rings so true. Our baby looks different now, and he’s become more active, more responsive, and more talkative! 😀 This is to document his growth once again and to share what he’s been up to these days.
- Motor skills: As he became mobile, he’s constantly exploring and going after what he wants, no longer sitting idly or lying on his bed while playing with toys. He can crawl towards what sparks his curiosity. But he didn’t just wake up one day and started crawling. No, he practiced and tried, each day getting a little bit better. I remember he could only roll to one side at 6 months. At 7 months, he could already roll on both sides, crawl full on and by 8 months, at full speed.
- Our playtime: Imagine both of us crawling on our king-size bed surrounded by huge pillows as our rails. I use some items (wallet, TV remote control, AC remote control, wallet, and dolls) as bait, and he would try to reach them and grab them with his cute small hands. And every time, he would place the item into his mouth like a reward. I’d always have to police him, say “nooo” multiple times, and move him or get it away so he’d be back to square one. We keep crawling forwards, backwards, and sideways until he gets tired. 🙂
- Language skills: At 7-8 months, he babbles and makes sounds with his own language to express himself. His favorites are bababa, bububu, and aaaah! He also raises and lowers his voice as if telling a story, asking a question, or making a statement.
- Social/Emotional Skills: At 6-7 months, he recognizes us apart from other people. He’d begin to cry when he doesn’t see us (his parents) or yaya around or near him in the room. He smiles at familiar faces and enjoys playing peek-a-boo, staring at dangling objects, and grabbing his toys to his mouth.
- Perceptive abilities: He knows how to coordinate new perceptive abilities (including vision, touch, and hearing) and has more control over them unlike in earlier months when he mainly reacted by reflex. He now communicates better when he’s hungry, bored, or sleepy instead of crying all the time.
- First Solid Foods: At 6 months, he started eating whole grain rice cereal. At 7 months, in addition, we put blended bananas, chayote, potatoes, apples, peas, and sweet potatoes (only one at a time) into his cereal. Thank goodness, he’s not yet a picky eater.
- Nap time: We noticed that his nap time is lessened and he’s awake at more times. He takes about two or three naps throughout the day. At night, he has uninterrupted sleep (from 8:00pm-8:30pm to 6:00am-6:30am) most days. Sometimes, he’d wake up just to roll over and call out for milk.
- Likes: He smiles when he hears the sound of a kiss (tsup or mwah), and he likes watching and listening to Super Simple Songs on YouTube. Once the intro plays, his face lights up and he immediately looks at the screen!
Where did time go?
It seems only a few months back when we were both lounging around together during my maternity leave. It’s amazing how he crawls, babbles, laughs, smiles, and grows stronger and faster by the day. At this point, our 8-month-old baby is busy exploring, learning, moving around, and engaged in more “sophisticated” interactions and play. This means we’ll be plenty busy keeping up with him, too! 🙂
Baby Lance looks absolutely adorable! Babies really grow so fast. My baby R turner 11 months old a few weeks ago and I just can’t believe that his such a big boy already. It seems like yesterday when he was born.
So cute! I love all the photos. They grow up way too fast and you’ve captured some great moments.
What sweet photos. It’s been ages since my kids were 8 months. I remember those days though.
What an adorable little guy. I remember the excitement of seeing those monthly growth and development numbers and see where my child rated. It never really mattered just the excitement of recognizing changes in our kids.
Your son is so adorable! Children grow up so fast. When my son was a baby. I was super excited about this process.
Look at those cheeks!! I was always excited when the kids hit milestones.
He is very cute! I wish I had done a better job at documenting my kids’ babyhoods, it really does go by fast!
Your son is so cute and adorable. I remembered my son when he was still a baby in this article and now he is already 3 years old and now he is now entering on his primary school, time really flies so fast!
He is a very adorable baby! I love his eyes 🙂 My kids grow up fast too.
Things change quite fast in a blink of an eye. The baby looks super cute and adorable. I cannot wait for more pictures.
I swear it seems like those days went by faster than any other time of my life so far. I miss when my daughter was little like that and I will cherish the memories forever!
So adorable I love the shot you got of the baby toes. <3 That made my day!! You are going to love 9 months, too.
What a cutie! I just love all of these photos. They really do grow up super fast. I now have an 8 and 10 year old. They are growing way to quick, I just wish time could slow down.
My one child started walking at 8 months. He wasn’t caught up with all other milestones and it was a little wild.
He is so cute! They grow up so fast. And looking at his pictures make me nostalgic. My son is a teen now, but it seems like it was only yesterday when he was that small. 🙂
Kids grow up so so fast! Too fast! But it’s great when you have a lot of photos from their babyhood!
He is a cutie pie. Yes kids grow fast. Within few years he will be in school.
Time passes by so quickly! How do they grow up so fast?