Well, it’s already March! One quarter of the year is almost done in a blink of an eye. I feel like I live in a time-warp these days. Life became so busy that I haven’t had a chance to collect my thoughts. I know I have to document them asap before I forget, so here goes a reflective post about the recent milestones and developments of my baby, Lance. 🙂
- Lance is turning five months in a week and he’s technically out of the newborn stage. The spitting and drooling phase has started. It’s been going on for a month or so. Because of this, bibs and baby towels in his room are all the rage! He also changes outfits several times during the day. We just rotate his clothes and utilize his undershirts until he can fit into his bigger clothes.
- Speaking of clothes, he’s in size 6-9 months for sleepers and rompers and just barely hanging onto size 3-6 months for bodysuits. My mom has purchased clothes for one year old just to be prepared. It’s surprising how fast little ones can grow, sometimes literally overnight! At 4 months, he measures 69 cm and weighs 7.3 kg (16 lbs).
- Since he was 3 months old, he no longer cries when taking a bath. I think he started to appreciate the warmth of the water and learned that he’s not in danger but only outside the womb—in his bath tub. 😀
- He can sleep through the night rather than waking up by himself to feed every few hours. Sure, he has a few fussy days and times, but in general, he’s pretty easy-going. We have a solid bedtime routine. I arrive home at around 6:30 pm and he falls asleep at around 8:30 pm to 9 pm, and the nighttime rest will stretch until daytime.
- His naps are also starting to improve! He takes 30-40 minutes naps most mornings and late afternoons, but he already started extending his midday nap to 1-3 hours. He smiles so big whenever he sees me after a nap or even just a few minutes spent looking at something else. That smile lights up my soul!
- Lance nurses like a champ, but he’s still a slow eater and prefers to take his time looking at the bottle and holding it with his own hands. He feeds from the bottle ever since I went back to work, but we still do chat and spend our sweet moments together at night.
- Lance is extremely observant about his surroundings and quite sensitive to new sights and sounds.
- That lower lip pout to warn me when he’s about to start crying is too precious! His voice is so loud that my ears hurt sometimes, especially when I’m carrying him and his mouth is just beside my ears. 🙂
- He’s slowly getting more tolerant of tummy time, although he still only lasts in it for a few minutes at a time at best. He’s pushing up with his arms a lot more. His neck strength and head control are awesome!
- He’s able to reach for and grasp objects with intention and bring them to his mouth. He especially enjoys touching and gumming on fabrics. This is when I’ll tell him, “those are not your food!”
- I love how he captures my finger with his hands whenever we’re playing. I also introduced him to soft cuddly things = dolls that are about his height. 🙂
Likes and Dislikes
- He likes sleeping on the bed and dislikes being in his crib. Maybe the feeling of a warm body beside him is comforting. Even when he’s sleeping, he knows it when he’s transferred to the crib or to the stroller.
- He likes kicking his socks and finds some way to take them off. He does the same thing with his blanket. Maybe he just likes pushing everything with his legs, like practicing to be a kung fu master or a soccer player. 🙂
- He dislikes changing clothes. He’d always cry whenever we have to change his clothes!
- We get a completely different reaction when we change his diapers. He likes having his diapers changed.
- He likes watching himself or others in the mirror. He also likes having his picture taken. I take his photos every day and it has become integrated into our routine.
- He likes interacting with hanging toys and playing peek-a-boo.
- He likes watching TV with us and looking at lights.
- He’s not convenient when we clean his ears or wipe his nose.
- He doesn’t like using a pacifier, because we didn’t make him use it when he was a newborn.
- He’s a huge fan of his hands! He stares at them so intensely, entwining them, chewing on them, and sometimes even his whole fist.
- He laughs whenever Louie makes goofy faces and says funny made-up words in a high-pitched tone.
Little Things I Always Want to Remember
- When he opens his mouth in a wide toothless grin – I know I’m going to miss seeing this in the next few months! 🙁
- Seeing his curious eyes when he looks at the different colorful things outside from our balcony and whenever we’re in the car on the way to the hospital for our bi-monthly checkups – There’s nothing quite like reliving the wonder of life through your child’s eyes. 🙂
- Our snuggles during nap and sleep time in a kangaroo position
- When he talks with his own language – He would repeat some series of vowel sounds after me when he’s in a good mood.
- The noises and facial expressions he makes when sleeping – Awwww… ❤
- The way his hands holds onto my shoulder when I carry him upright – It feels like a hug!
- The way he raises both legs when he farts – This means “run!” for us, a warning sign we all have to prepare for. 😂
- His scent – a blissful mix of milk and a baby
- His thighs, his feet, his little fingers semi-grasping small things
- His sneezes, and his reactions to his own sneeze 🙂
View this post on Instagram
OMG we just heard his first LOLs! 😆 Lance today is 4 months and 1 week old, and he loves holding our fingers with his tiny hands and surprising us with more and more smiles every day. Cutie! 😍💖 #babyphotography #babyboy #4monthsold #smilingbaby #happy #laughingbaby #baby #love
I hope you enjoyed this personal life update. If you couldn’t already tell, I am completely smitten with our baby. Though I don’t want him to grow up too fast, I also can’t wait for him to walk. 😛 I always daydream holding hands with him while we’re walking…somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight. 😛😍 I love him, so much!