Are you planning to visit the Philippines soon? If you’re looking for a tropical paradise with crystal-clear turquoise waters, powdery white sand beaches, and stunning seascapes, Boracay, known for its mesmerizing beauty and vibrant culture from all over the world, should be at the top of your list. Located in the Philippines’s western Visayas region, this small island is the perfect destination for all types of sun-seeking travelers, whether you’re seeking relaxation or adventure.
Getting to Boracay
The easiest way to get to Boracay Island is by plane. The nearest airport is Caticlan Airport, just a few minutes away from the Caticlan Jetty Port. From there, you can take a boat to Boracay Island. Another option is to take a flight to Kalibo International Airport, which is a bit further from Boracay Island. However, you can take a bus or van from Kalibo to Caticlan Jetty Port. Once you reach the port, you can take a boat to Boracay Island.
When you book your trips to Philippines with Exoticca, Boracay shines as one of the star destinations, alongside Manila and Bohol. Their comprehensive deals include all flights, transfers, and accommodations, ensuring a hassle-free and comfortable vacation. Exoticca is renowned for crafting packages for exotic locations, making them the perfect choice for your unforgettable getaway.
Boracay offers a plethora of accommodation options, catering to a wide range of preferences, requirements, and budgets. Here’s a closer look at the types of places to stay on this idyllic island:
For those traveling on a shoestring budget, Boracay has numerous budget-friendly accommodations that offer comfort without breaking the bank. These options include:
- Hostels: Boracay’s hostel scene offers dormitory-style rooms for solo travelers and communal spaces for socializing and exchanging stories of island adventures.
- Guesthouses: These offer affordable private rooms with cozy, intimate atmospheres, perfect for couples or small groups. Locals run such establishments, offering insider tips for island exploration.
- Inns and Small Resorts: Family-run inns and resorts on Boracay Island offer comfortable rooms, personalized service, and warm hospitality, showcasing the charming and homely atmosphere of the island’s residents.
Accommodations in the middle price range on Boracay provide a good compromise between basic facilities and a luxurious stay. These include:
- Boutique Hotels: Boracay boasts numerous boutique hotels, providing a distinctive and personalized experience with stylish rooms, on-site dining, spa services, and swimming pools.
- Beachfront Resorts: The island offers luxury and beachfront resorts with mid-range prices, offering stunning sea views and direct beach access for a soothing beach experience.
If you’re in the mood to splurge and experience Boracay like royalty, here are some highly recommended luxury resorts:
Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa: This world-renowned resort is nestled in a secluded cove, offering breathtaking views of the beach and lush greenery. With private villas, a serene spa, and multiple dining options, it’s the epitome of luxury.
The Lind Boracay: This contemporary and stylish resort sits right on White Beach, offering stunning sea views. It features a beautiful infinity pool and spacious, elegantly designed rooms.
Discovery Shores Boracay: Known for its impeccable service and beautiful beachfront location, Discovery Shores is a top choice for honeymooners. The resort’s restaurant, Sands, is famous for its romantic beachfront dining.
Two Seasons Boracay Resort: With its beachfront location and modern amenities, Two Seasons provides a serene and luxurious atmosphere. The resort’s restaurant, Sulu Sea Restaurant, serves delectable dishes with a view.
Boracay boasts some of the world’s most iconic beaches. White Beach, with its soft, powdery sand, is the main attraction. Here, you can soak up the sun, take leisurely strolls along the shoreline, and build sandcastles that would make even the Little Mermaid envious.
The island is also known for its watersports. You can try snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing, jet skiing, and even kitesurfing. Boracay Island is also a popular spot for island hopping tours. You can visit nearby beaches, hidden lagoons, and even caves. These tours usually include a visit to Crystal Cove Island, Magic Island, and the famous Puka Beach.
Food is another highlight of Boracay Island. The island offers a variety of local and international cuisine that will satisfy any foodie’s cravings. Don’t forget to try local dishes like sisig, adobo, and lechon. For seafood lovers, try seafood grilled in garlic butter, or try the seafood platter that includes shrimps, crabs, oysters, and mussels.
The nightlife on Boracay Island is also not to be missed. The island has a vibrant nightlife, and there are a wide variety of nightclubs and bars to choose from. You can go bar hopping along White Beach and enjoy drinks while listening to live music.
Explore the Island
Boracay Island is not just about its beauty but also about its culture. Numerous local markets provide excellent opportunities to meet friendly locals while shopping for travel mementos. For instance, D’Mall is a popular shopping mall on the island where you can buy clothes, accessories, and other necessities. You might also want to visit Talipapa Market, known for its fresh seafood and local delicacies.
If you want to explore the picturesque views of the island, you can visit the famous Mount Luho viewpoint. It’s the highest point on the island and offers a 360-degree view of Boracay Island. Tambisaan Beach is also worth visiting, especially for its unspoiled beauty and tranquility.
Tips and Reminders
Before traveling to Boracay Island, here are some important tips to keep in mind:
• Boracay Island is a popular destination, so book your accommodations and activities in advance.
• Boracay is a friendly place, but it’s essential to be mindful of local customs. A simple “Salamat” (thank you) or “Kamusta ka?” (How are you?) can go a long way in connecting with the warm-hearted locals.
• It’s recommended to exchange money for the local currency, the Philippine Peso, beforehand. However, there are ATMs and money changers available on Boracay Island.
• Pack light, but don’t forget sunscreen, swimwear, comfortable footwear for exploring, and a waterproof bag for your essentials. Also carry a refillable water bottle at all times to keep hydrated.
Boracay: The Sandy Shores of Unparalleled Beauty
As you gaze out over Boracay’s turquoise waters and feel the soft embrace of its sandy shores, you’ll understand why millions of visitors each year consider it a place of unparalleled beauty and charm. From water activities to delicious cuisine and vibrant nightlife, the island offers a mix of relaxation, adventure, and culture. Get on the next flight to Boracay; an unforgettable vacation is waiting.