Whether you’re dealing with hyperpigmentation, skin dullness, dark marks, or acne, seeking out the best serum for your skin type is important. Aside from all-natural and effective facial washes, toners, and moisturizers, serum is one of the must-have items that consist of a range of useful nutrients for your skin.
Recently, I’ve been testing out thebasic.skincare’s 101 Heal Serum made with niacinamide and centella asiatica. The results are great, especially with treating maskne. I wear a face mask at work daily for at least nine hours. Since incorporating this into my daytime and nighttime routine, my skin has been brighter, balanced, and hydrated!
2 Key Ingredients:
- Centella Asiatica has been shown to be effective in treating wounds, infections, and burns on the skin. It’s the perfect ingredients for anyone experiencing acne. It helps to revitalize the skin’s protective barrier, plus it may mitigate some of the visible signs of skin damage. All in all definitely a goodie.
- Niacinamide is now getting the buzz because it’s known to be inflammatory and anti-aging. It targets hyperpigmentation, treats acne, and minimizes pore appearance.
Here’s a closer look on The Basic Skincare’s 101 Heal Serum. Know how it can help give your skin the radiance boost it deserves.
- Fungal acne-safe and good for sensitive skin – My skin did not break up. My acne marks are slowly fading.
- Made with clean ingredients and safe formula – It’s paraben-free, sulfate-free, alcohol-free, silicon-free, and also cruelty-free.
- Zero scent – For me, zero scent means zero added unnecessary chemicals.
- Lightweight, jelly-like but not sticky – The lightweight formula smoothens and minimizes the appearance of texture irregularities and large pores, while also gently and gradually brightening the look of dark spots. It’s light enough that it doesn’t effect the oiliness of my skin, but gives this extra boost of moisture when paired with my moisturizer day and night.
- Easily absorbed by the skin – The consistency isn’t too tacky or runny, and blends well into the skin. I recommend pressing the serum into the skin as opposed to rubbing it in and applying before your toner and moisturizer.
- A little goes a long way – About two drops of the serum is all you need to properly cover your face and neck.
Directions for use:
Daily usage recommendation for day and night:
1. Cleanse face with facial wash.
2. Apply toner.
3. Apply and gently massage 1-2 drops of heal serum before applying your moisturizer to help lock in moisture.
Note: Always do a patch test to ensure you have no allergies with this product.
When to expect seeing results:
Applying a serums is beneficial for all skin types, not just mature skin, and you can start using them as early as your 20s. While everyone’s skin is different, dermatologists suggest to give it about seven weeks on average to see how your skin responds to a new serum routine. Depending on the serum and the current state of your skin, you might even see initial results, like slightly more hydrated skin or a clearer skin in just a few days,
With all these great features and benefits, my “aha” moment is pretty self-explanatory. Add to that is that you can achieve these fabulous results without breaking the bank! It’s a huge misconception that the pricier products work better than the cheaper products. In reality, you just have to give the ingredients a good look and know what your skin needs.
The acne-fighting heal serum costs P899 (probably will last about 4-6 months), and the shop offers bundle and buy one take one promotions from time to time. Check out their website here and their Shopee page here.