After watching about three YouTube videos on how to make sushi bake, I was finally convinced to make it myself at home. I purchased all the ingredients from different online stores and asked my mom to buy nori sheets.
If you’re unfamiliar with sushi bake, it’s one of the latest food trends that’s like showing up in everyone’s feeds during the community quarantine. What it is simply is a deconstructed version of sushi. But instead of the rolled sushi, this one is baked in a casserole pan or a baking tray.
In this post, I’m sharing my very own version of the homemade sushi bake. This is very easy to make. You don’t have to be an expert cook and you don’t have to invest in expensive ingredients to recreate it at home. I’ve tried this recipe three times already. The results got better each time—good example of the old adage “try and try until you succeed.” 😉
Super Easy Sushi Bake Recipe
Ingredients for sushi rice:
- 2 cups Japanese rice, rinsed well and cooked with 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
Ingredients for sushi bake:
- nori sheets
- 1 can spicy tuna
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (preferably Japanese mayonnaise)
- 1 cup shredded crab sticks
- 20 pieces cooked scallops
- 90g Kesorap Express Melt Cheese
- Fluff cooked Japanese rice into your baking tray. Mix apple cider vinegar, salt, sugar, truffle oil well and lightly pour and press lightly on the rice.
- Place the nori sheets on top of the rice.
- Combine the spicy tuna, mayonnaise, shredded crab sticks into a mixing bowl and mix. Spread on top of the nori sheets.
- Place the cooked scallops and grate cheese on top.
- Bake it in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted or turned golden brown. Scoop a portion and wrap in nori sheets to serve.
This sushi bake recipe is a crowd pleaser in our family. It’s great for potlucks and get-togethers. No special sushi chef skills needed! ♡ Even when we’re still under the community quarantine, we can still enjoy delicious food without spending a fortune. If you get a chance to try this, let me know!